Having dandruff can be embarrassing and irritating at the same time. An excessive oily scalp with oil accumulation, exposure to extreme temperatures and consequent dryness of scalp, hormone irregularities, stress, lack of sleep, usage of harsh chemical based hair styling products, unhealthy diet, deficiency of vitamins and minerals and fungal infection are some of the primary causes of dandruff.
With so many varied reasons due to which dandruff can occur, the treatment must also be varied. In ordinary cases, the large number of medicated best Japanese shampoo available in the market containing formulations like zinc pyrithione, selenium sulphide and ketoconazole, should do the trick. But if you do not want to give your hair chemical treatments and have sensitive skin, there are a number of simple and effective home remedies and natural cures for your problem. Take a look at some of these remedies that can prove effective for curing dandruff:
• Tea tree oil is a proven element that has effective anti fungal and antiseptic properties. You can apply a mix of tea tree oil and aloe vera oil, and leave it on your scalp for 15 minutes before rinsing.
• Application of cider vinegar is another effective solution to treat dandruff. It controls the itching and also cleans out accumulation of flakes. Massage a pack of it before shampooing, leave it on for fifteen minutes to half an hour, and wash your hair with a mild shampoo. Again, mix the apple cider vinegar in equal proportions with water and use it as a final rinse off. It will not only remove the dandruff but also add shine to your hair.
• You can apply a pack of lime juice, amla juice and curd and leave it on overnight. It checks dandruff as well as hair fall.
• An age old remedy is the hot oil treatment that can work wonders for your dandruff affected hair. Massage on a mix of hot sesame and olive oil before going to bed. The next day, one hour before taking your bath, apply a mix of vinegar and lime juice. Wash your hair thoroughly and use lime juice mixed in warm water during your final rinse off. Continue the process for 3 months applying the mixture two times every week and you will surely notice the difference.
• Another solution is to soak fenugreek seeds overnight. Make a paste of them the next morning and apply an hour before bath. Wash it off with ritha and shikakai.
• For dandruff free hair, you can make a mix of jojoba, clove, rosemary and lavender oil and apply it on the scalp every week.
• Soak lime peels in coconut oil and expose it to sunshine for about a week before applying the mixture. Being a highly enriched formulation, it is sure to reduce your dandruff considerably.
Apart from trying out various home remedies, you should also pay attention to your diet. Avoid deep fried and calorie rich foods. Instead, switch to fresh fruits …