As the most significant (and costly) element of your residence, when it is time to exchange your roof, you want it done right, the very first time. Changing a roof is not like changing a tire, to do the work suitable normally takes many years of experience and training. As such, roof substitute is seldom a Diy career and absolutely not a little something you retain the services of your teen cousins to do. You want a pro. But the place do you start off?
Most homeowners will not have to have to replace their roofs extra than as soon as each individual couple of many years so the procedure of locating a roof professional and producing sure the job is finished right is not popular information. To assistance with that we’ve put alongside one another a “Roof Replacement Checklist” to assistance you discover the contractor you want and have the know-how essential to be assured the job is finished proper.
Come to feel cost-free to use this checklist no matter exactly where you are or who you seek the services of:
Roof Substitute Checklist
For a far more comprehensive, printable edition of this checklist, click below.
- Get a extensive roof inspection by a competent roof contractor
- Get a in-depth proposal that tells you particularly what it is heading to price.
- No revenue down and no payment till work is full and you are pleased!
- A organization with a entire office help personnel is a plus
- Be certain a website inspection is performed prior to set up
- Guarantee a complete inspection of each section of you roof is done (deck, rafters, and many others) and any problems are dealt with.
- Guarantee appropriate setting up to secure structures and landscaping.
- Guarantee the previous roof is entirely removed down to the deck.
- Guarantee the deck is in best condition for the new roof.
- See comprehensive checklist, but ensure all parts and elements are higher good quality effectively delivered and taken care of to decrease difficulties.
- Assure nail guns are NOT currently being made use of. Hand nailing assures a adequately put in roof (see “Why We Hand Nail” for far more details).
- Make certain correct ventilation is viewed as and applied.
- Assure your roof contractor blows all debris off of roof, gutters, downspouts and driveway.
- Your roof contractor must contact up portray of any siding, trim or gutters that had to be detached and reset
- Make certain a spotless thoroughly clean-up of any task-relevant particles together with sweeping yard with magnets to select up any free nails.
- Assure an inspection by a work supervisor with roofing crew foreman
- Remaining inspection by a educated roofing expert with the consumer
At Atlanta Roofing Professionals, and educated buyer is our most effective purchaser! If you have any inquiries about roof alternative or would like to program a cost-free original estimate, call us today, in Metro Atlanta phone (770) 419-2222!